Thursday, March 11, 2010

First Day.

I can't sleep. Well I tried but it failed. I woke up 2 hours after I slept and now I can't go back. I'm pretty annoyed, but also excited. I think I can't sleep because I keep thinking about today. First day at UCLA Ronald Reagan Medical Center. I got the job a few weeks ago but I'm just starting because of school and scheduling, which is good because it's more convenient for me to start now than a few weeks before. I'm pretty excited. I don't think I've ever been this excited to start working before. I know my job is only a Student Nurse/Care Partner and not the actual RN yet, but I think I'm just excited for the future and opportunities this job has to offer.
I also feel as though this job is a reassurance that all the work I've put through the past years are beginning to pay off and that I can actually do something with my life. I want to get the experience I need to become that competent and well-educated RN when I graduate and I know this job will give me just that. It's also step into getting that RN job after I graduate and after that, God willing, a Graduate program in UCLA to get my Master's in Nursing to become a Nurse Practitioner. I'm very grateful for this opportunity and can't wait to see what doors it will open for the future.

*Image from http://www.uclahealth.org/body_med.cfm?id=906

No comments:

Post a Comment